Testimonials About The OisF Women's Surf Therapy Program:
In addition to the testimonials below, click here to read some extremely moving letters written by women who have participated in the OisF Women's Surf Therapy Program.
- This program was a much appreciated step on my journey to healing. The instructors were so kind and patient. Getting in the water each session was fun as well as therapeutic. I cannot ever thank the OisF enough for allowing me to be a part of this program and will forever be grateful I was a part of it.
- The OisF is a place to heal a place to grow and a place to develop a sense of empowerment as a women as we ride the waves of life!!
- I have learned and gained so much from this experience. Learning how to surf and actually surfing was an inexplainable healing experience. I am so grateful to the team for creating such a safe and enjoyable place to heal and grow.
- This program was incredible. I enjoyed every minute and would love to join again next year. It gave me so much support, skills and empowerment for my life.
- I loved the program. Getting to be in the water and also learn new life skills was amazing. It was much more than I expected and would participate again without a doubt.
- I did not have any expectations for the group and was curious about what it would be like. I can’t tell you how much I have learned and grew from this experience. I would definitely be intersted in joining the program next year it would mean so much to me as support in my life is so much needed at this stage of healing.
Testimonials About The OisF:
The OisF creates a unique connectivity between women, girls and the world we live in. It promotes purpose and strength from within- both physically and emotionally. I love being able to share this with my daughter and the other amazing women in my life!
One of my favorite things to do for the OisF is volunteer at the Belmar Pro and other events like that. I get to meet surfers and other people that are happy to support The Ocean Is Female. I also thought it was amazing to see that Men and boys were also exited to support this nonprofit organization for women and girls of abuse. It is so cool to see all the people that support all the hard work The OisF and Alli have done so far and who are excited to see what is to come in the future. The Ocean is Female organization has brought me to love, care, and sort of become part of the ocean!
Annabel – Age 13
My daughter and I have been fortunate to participate in several events that support The Ocean is Female as they serve survivors of domestic abuse. These events have all been character building opportunities for my daughter. She has spent time during our national stay at home quarantine sewing masks for abuse survivors living in the protection of a domestic violence safe house, worked the Foundation’s table at surf competitions and other public events, is always stoked to wear her OisF gear, and is excited to hopefully participate in her first ever all women’s sailing event this year. The Foundation has taught her to be strong, to never be silent, to love the ocean, and to just have fun however she can with her board and some surf wax! Thank you OisF for all you do!
My sons were fortunate enough to meet the founder of The Ocean is Female, and after learning about the strong work this organization is doing for survivors of abuse, they were thrilled to learn that we were able to purchase men and boy’s gear. We love the design of our shirts and take pride in knowing our purchases are helping to do good!
Joseph & Logan's Dad - Ages 11 & 8